Message From Country Project Coordinator
WEDP Web site is dedicated to Women Entrepreneurs engaged in Micro and small enterprises. The project wants to introduce you to its Training (both entrepreneurship and skill training) and credit facilities to women entrepreneurs. Hence, the project invites our esteemed businesswomen to use these essential services to expand your businesses. Please see the details of our services below.
Welcome to WEDP
The development objective of Women Entrepreneurship Development Project (WEDP) is a project providing training and credit to micro and small enterprises owned or partly owned by the participating female entrepreneurs in Addis Ababa, Dire Dawa, Mekele, Bahir Dar, Adama , Hawassa, Assela, Axum, Dilla and Gondar Cities to increase the earnings and employment of the enterprises.
Women entrepreneurs in Ethiopia are disadvantaged from the start. They have less access to the finance, networks, and education which help their male counterparts advance. They face regular discrimination and harassment from society–sometimes even from their own families and communities. The challenges a woman entrepreneur in Ethiopia faces in growing her business are overwhelming.
Only one-third of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the world are run by women. Women-business owners in developing countries face significant challenges to run their businesses, particularly in accessing finance.
An estimated 70% of women-owned SMEs in the formal sector in emerging markets are underserved by financial institutions. This amounts to a financing gap of $285 billion.
There are many reasons for this.
Women are less likely to own assets which can serve as collateral and are more likely to be excluded because of unequal property rights or discriminatory regulations, laws and customs.
Addressing this financing gap and investing in women-owned enterprises is one of the highest-return opportunities available in emerging markets.
The growth of female-owned enterprises can be a key driver in reducing overall high unemployment rates since unemployment rates among women are higher and since women are more likely to hire other women.
WEDP Services Offered :
Number of Loans
Disbursement Amt. ETB
Project Life Time
WEDP Client Owner of Textile Garment
WEDP Client Visited by World Bank Team
Italian Parliament Member visiting
WEDP Client Owner of Textile Garment
WEDP Entrepreneurship Training
Our Core Services
Component 2: Entrepreneurial skills Development
Types of WEDP Training Services
Component 1: Access to Microfinance .
The component is based on a two-tier structure where the Development Bank of Ethiopia (DBE) will act as an MSE finance wholesaler engaged in the business of lending to qualified Participating Financial Institutions (PFIs) with the specific requirement of on-lending only to female-owned or partly female-owned micro and small enterprises.
WEDP Member Registration System
WEDP MIS Core objective is automate & integrated data between
WEDP registration at all OSS 49 ,
26 TVETs and 12 MFIs
WEDP Clients Participating WEDP Sponsored Bazar
WEDP Question & Answer
WEDP Members eligibility criterias (የአባልነት የሚያበቁ መስፈርቶች) ?
የአባልነት የሚያበቁ መስፈርቶች
- ለመታወቂያ የሚያገለግል ፎቶ
- የንግድ ፈቃድ ኮፒ
- የታክስ ምዝገባ ቁጥር （TIN）
- የቀበሌ መታወቂያ ካርድ ከነኮፒው
Where to get WEDP OSSs ??
List of WEDP OSSs with in the City
- Oss Code01-AK Wereda 07-አዲስ ከተማ ወረዳ 07
- 02-AK Wereda 08-አዲስ ከተማ ወረዳ 08
- 03-Akaki Kaliti Wereda 03-አቃቂ ቃሊቲ ከተማ 03
- 04-Akaki Kality Wereda 07-አቃቂ ቃሊቲ ወረዳ 07
- 05-Arada Wereda 02-አራዳ ወረዳ 02
- 06-Arada Wereda 08-አራዳ ወረዳ 08
- 07-Bole Wereda 07-ቦሌ ወረዳ 07
- 08-Bole Wereda 13-ቦሌ ወረዳ 13
- 09-Gulele Wereda 03-ጉለሌ ወረዳ 03
- 10-Gulele Wereda 07-ጉለሌ ወረዳ 07
- 11-Kirkos Wereda 02-ቂርቆስ ወረዳ 02
- 12-Kirkos Wereda 05-ቂርቆስ ወረዳ 05
- 13-Kolfe Wereda 05-ኮሌፌ ወረዳ 05
- 14-Kolfe Wereda 10-ኮሌፌ ወረዳ 10
- 15-Lideta Wereda 01-ልደታ ወረዳ 01
- 16-Lideta Wereda 03-ልደታ ወረዳ 03
- 17-NS Wereda 06-ነፋስ ስልክ ላፍቶ ወረዳ 06
- 18-NS Wereda 11-ነፋስ ስልክ ላፍቶ ወረዳ 11
- 19-Yeka Wereda 06-የካ ወረዳ 06
- 20-Yeka Wereda 08-የካ ወረዳ 08
- 21-Adama Kebele 4-አዳማ ቀበሌ 04
- 22-Adama Kebele 7-አዳማ ቀበሌ 07
- 23-Adama Kebele 8-አዳማ ቀበሌ 08
- 24-Adama Kebele 9-አዳማ ቀበሌ 09
- 25-Adama Kebele 12-አዳማ ቀበሌ 12
- 26-BD BelayZeleke SubCity-ባህርዳር በላይዘለቀ ክፍለከተማ
- 27-BD Fasilo SubCity-ባህርዳር ፋሲሎ ክፍለከተማ
- 28-BD GisheAbay SubCity-ባህርዳር ግሼአባይ ክፍለከተማ
- 29-BD Hidar11 SubCity-ባህርዳር ህዳር11 ክፍለከተማ
- 30-BD Shumabo SubCity-ባህርዳር ሹማቦ ክፍለከተማ
- 31-DD Kebele 2-ድሬዳዋ ቀበሌ 02
- 32- DD Kebele 4-ድሬዳዋ ቀበሌ 04
- 33-DD Kebele 5-ድሬዳዋ ቀበሌ 05
- 34- DD Kebele 7-ድሬዳዋ ቀበሌ 08
- 35- DD Kebele 9-ድሬዳዋ ቀበሌ 09
- 36-Hawassa – AddisKetema SubCity-ሀዋሳ አዲስከተማ ክፍለከተማ
- 37-Hawassa – HaikDar SubCity-ሀዋሳ ሐይቅዳር ክፍለከተማ
- 38-Hawassa – Meneharia SubCity-ሀዋሳ መነሃሪያ ክፍለከተማ
- 39-Hawassa – Misrak SubCity-ሀዋሳ ምስራቅ ክፍለከተማ
- 40-Hawassa -Tabor SubCity-ሀዋሳ ታቦር ክፍለከተማ
- 41-Mekele Adihaki SubCity-መቀሌ አዲሀቂ ክፍለከተማ
- 42-Mekele Ayder SubCity-መቀሌ አይደር ክፍለከተማ
- 43-Mekele Hawlti SubCity-መቀሌ ሓዉልቲ ክፍለከተማ
- 44-Mekele KedamayWeyane SubCity-መቀሌ ቀዳማይ ወያነ ክፍለከተማ
- 45-Mekele Semen SubCity-መቀሌ ሰሜን ክፍለከተማ
- 46-Assela SubCity 04
- 47-Hayelom SubCity
- 48-Bedecha Boyete SubCity
- 49-Gondar Kebele 02
Where to get WEDP’s training providers
|Nefas Silk PTC|
|Dire Dawa PTC|
|Nefas Silk PTC|
|Dilla TVET College|
|Yeka Industrial College|
|Asella TVET College|
|Addis Ketema Industrial College|
|Kolfe Industrial College|
|Gofa Industrial College|
|Lideta Manufacturing College|
|Bole Manufacturing College|
|Africa Beza College|
Where to get WEDP’s Partner Microfinance
|Name Of MIF||City||Telephone No|
|Amhara Credit and Saving Institution S.C||Bahir Dar||
|Addis Credit and Saving Institution S.C||Addis Ababa|| Addis Ababa
|Wasasa Microfinance Institution||Addis Ababa, Alemagena||
Adama / Alemgena
Mob. 0911-673822/ 0113384133